Lord Egerton Castle is foundat Ngata in Nakuru County about 14km away from Nakuru Town. It is based on a 100-acre portion of land. Lord Egerton built the castle in 1938 and completed it in 1954. Lord Egerton built the castle for his bride to be after his fiancée turned down his wedding proposal arguing that the house (a six bedroom house) Lord Egerton back then was as small as a chicken cage. Lord Egerton was so heart-broken to extent he never married nor wanted to see any other lady. He went ahead and banned all ladies to his property.
The castle was constructed using imported materials and some local material from Njiru and Kedowa. Tiles and marble was imported from England and Italy. He used Indian workers to construct the castle. Lord Ergeton rested in 1958.
Currently the castle is owned by Egerton University which is open to all tourists.